I did a quick Google search on “SQLite performance” and found the following:
- What are the performance characteristics of sqlite with very large database files? (The performance degrades significantly when the database size riches 7GB).
- Some Russian article on habr.com. (To boost the insertion we insert by batches in a separate transactions, set synchronization mode to OFF or NORMAL and probably disable indices).
- Some old article on Database Speed Comparison.
- Appropriate Uses For SQLite (An SQLite database is limited in size to 140 terabytes)
- Faster bulk inserts in sqlite3? (You can also try tweaking a few parameters to get extra speed out of it. Specifically you probably want PRAGMA synchronous = OFF;)
- A trivial C++ example.
Then to benchmark SQLite performance by myself I used the following C++ code that inserts 1000 batches of 1000 000 rows to a single table with an integer primary key:(more…)